Welcome to KALIMAH!
Our terms of service have been updated. Therefore, please, read these terms of service carefully before using the Website and / or the Services. If you do not agree to the terms of service, please, do not use the site and do not click “Register as a student / teacher” (or the like) or use the services otherwise.
Welcome to KALIMAH. This site was published by (Kalimah Company for teaching Arabic to non-native speakers) a registered company in Egypt – Cairo (C.R. No.: 408421- address: Nasr City – District 10 -El Farouk Omar street – Block 20- Building 6)
Signing up to KALIMAH website or the KALIMAH applications is available for your personal use. You must not use the site for any commercial or illegal or unauthorized purpose. When using the website, you must comply with all laws in force in the Arab Republic of Egypt and any international laws in force, including local laws in your country of residence (referred to together as “applicable laws”).
You agree that when using the website, you will comply with all applicable laws and these terms. In particular, but not limited to, you agree not to:
(A) Use the KALIMAH website or any of the KALIMAH applications in any illegal way or in a way that promotes or encourages illegal activity including (but not limited to) copyright infringement.
(B) Attempting to gain unauthorized access to KALIMAH website, any of KALIMAH website applications, or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the website.
(C) Modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any part of KALIMAH website or any of KALIMAH applications or reformat or frame any part of the pages that make up the website, except to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms or by law.
Registration and study:
1) The center accepts any student without discrimination.
2) The student creates an account on KALIMAH website or through his own account on Facebook or Google.
3) After registering the student, the student will choose the appropriate study plan for him through the “find tutor” or browse the courses and choose the appropriate times and teacher for the student.
4) If the student wishes to change the agreed study schedule, he can do so by rescheduling his study schedule.
5) Lesson time is devoted to teaching programs taught by the center only.
The copyright of all materials on the website or whatever available through the website; including all information, data, text, sound, photographs, graphics and video messages, their selection and arrangement, in addition to all source code, software packages and other stuff (“materials”) are owned or licensed by KALIMAH or its subsidiary companies’ group. All rights are reserved. You may not copy, modify, alter, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transfer, commercially exploit, publish in any way or use the material without an explicit permission of KALIMAH.
The trademarks, service marks and logos (“Branding”) contained in or on the site are owned by KALIMAH. You may not use, copy, modify, change, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transfer, commercialize, exploit or publish trademarks without obtaining the prior written approval of KALIMAH.
Refunds and Prepayments Policy
Purchase and payments transactions in return for online classes are subject for this refund policy.
Kindly, read it thoroughly before making payment as it specifies your rights.
Kalimah strives to assure that there is a clear understanding of monetary relation between the students and the teachers, with respect to the services we provide. This policy applies to all the offered services and features.
This policy is available through the website and any mobile app relates to Kalimah
Transactions between tutors and students
Kalimah secures specialized teachers and organizing meetings with them online, the contract between Kalimah, students and their legal guardians, payment should be done through Kalimah and not permissible to be done to the tutor directly. Kalimah shall not be responsible for any payments to the teachers made outside Kalimah website.
A lesson could be cancelled anytime up to 12 hours prior to the lesson start time and cannot cannot be rescheduled after that otherwise, you will be charged the full amount of the scheduled lesson.
We reserve the right to collect the cost of a canceled lesson less than 12 hours before its scheduled date, without no possibility of refunding this amount to the student or transferring it to other instructors.
You can easily cancel / reschedule lessons through your Kalimah account by clicking the Reschedule button on the list of booked appointments in the Student Panel at any time up to 12 hours before your lesson time.
Changing a tutor
In the event that you decided to use your right to change a teacher after the first lesson, you can just do so no more than twice (only 2 times).
If the lesson was not given for some reason because of Kalimah, we guarantee a free alternative lesson for you.
In the event that the teacher does not fit your needs, you can ask us to transfer these funds to another teacher within Kalimah. At least 12 hours before the next lesson.
For a refund, the lesson (s) must be canceled within 48 hours before the lesson is scheduled to start.
The student receives only 80% of the value of the remaining hours for the student. The student must send a refund request indicating the following data:
-The date and time of the lesson
-The reason for requesting a refund
-Your tutor’s name
The refund option will only be available for your payment within a period of 90 (ninety) days from the date of payment. Refunds are issued only for unconfirmed lessons and / or remaining hours. Kalimah is not responsible for any kind of fees charged by payment gateway systems and will not cover them, once a refund is initiated,
If you forgot to claim a refund of your money within the aforementioned period (90 ninety days from the date of payment), then you cannot claim a refund thereafter.
In the event that you chose the refund option, the speed and availability of the refunds in your bank will only depend on the terms and policies of your bank regarding speed of transactions.
No money will be refunded if the user lost and / or forgot his login credentials (username and passwords), resulting in data loss, temporary loss of access to the user’s account, or other user related hardship
No refunds will be done if the user lost the connection due to lack of internet connectivity, factory reset or updates.
You are required to send your refund request to [email protected]
The refund decision must be made within up to 30 calendar days from the date the user informs Kalimah that he is discontinuing lessons.
Any refund at any time is at our sole discretion only.
In the event that a credit card company makes a refund (or similar action) in connection with the purchase of any lesson (s), you agree that we may suspend access to any and all accounts you have with us.
Fees, incurred as a result of refunds or other payment disputes brought by you, the bank, or the payment provider in addition to the disputes requiring accounting or legal services are covered by you.
After 90 (ninety) days after payment, your remaining balance will be deemed expired and will be permanently forfeited and non-refundable.
You can request to delete your account at any time, however, there are no refunds for deletion.
In the event that Kalimah suspends or terminates your account for violating any of our policies, you understand and agree that you will not receive any refund or replacement for any unused lessons, any part of the service or any content or data related to your account, nor anything else.
We use third-party payment services to bill you with online account payments instead of directly processing credit / debit card information.
For making payments from our students, the service providers (2Checkout) receive a payment for each lesson confirmation. In return, all transactions are secured by (2Checkout).
All payment information is stored securely and encrypted by 2Checkout We do not store your payment information on our servers.
The data you provided
You agree and understand that billing information, which you provide for payment for lesson (s) through Kalimah, i.e. your credit card information and / or PayPal account information, is processed by our payment providers partners (2Checkout) only. Kalimah does not collect, store or process your billing information.
You agree that Kalimah will not be held responsible for any failures by the third party to protect such information. Payment processing is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of our payment providers partners in addition to this policy.
You acknowledge that we may change our payment providers partners and we also ask them to transfer your information to other service providers who encrypt your information to secure it.
Payment methods available through our services are:
- Visa MasterCard
- Apple Pay
All payments must be made through the services. Upon receipt of payment from a student (or a parent on behalf of the student), Kalimah will withhold such payments and distribute them to the applicable tutor on a pro-rata basis on a per-lesson basis.
All users agree that they will not contract with a teacher or buy or sell services or materials from another user other than our services through the Kalimah website platform.
Students and guardians will be responsible for all transaction fees of services related to the delivery and consumption of services through our website.
Signing up to become a Kalimah user is free.
Any payments made via our Kalimah platform are made solely for the purpose of consuming and providing educational services between students and teachers.
The exchange rates provided on our website do not always reflect the real market situation.
- Providing specialized tutors to teach the subject of the programs offered by KALIMAH and coordinating the students’ meeting with the tutors through KALIMAH website.
- Maintaining an effective website, including the booking platform, online e-learning materials and payment processing, wherever possible.
- Reporting any scheduled App. maintenance or downtime.
- Striving reasonably to keep the website free from viruses and worms.
- Appropriate seeking to provide specialized tutors with adequate training and preparation.
- Delivering new reservations and confirming reservations and cancellations to both students and tutors via e-mail.
- Investigating complaints to a reasonable degree and providing logical and practical solutions at the earliest time.
- Taking precautions that we consider reasonable to protect the student and teacher information. KALIMAH cannot be held responsible for unauthorized access to information by students or tutors.
- Monitoring the posts made on the website and messages sent between students and tutors. We do this to stop misuse of the website, as set out in these terms and conditions.
In these policies and terms & conditions the word (user) means the person who uses our platform, whether he is registered on the website as a user or not.
- Users are responsible for their own security in connection with our services; whether online or offline.
- Users are solely responsible for the materials they publish on the site, including messages sent, and they must not post defamatory, offensive or illegal materials.
3. Users must immediately report any defamatory, offensive or illegal material they see on our application.
4. Users shall exercise their own judgment regarding the accuracy of the information provided on the website. KALIMAH cannot guarantee that all of the content on the website is complete, accurate or up-to-date.
5. Users are responsible for their own Internet security when using the website.
6. Users should contact KALIMAH immediately if they think their password has been hacked. Users will be responsible for any interactions that take place in their name until notified to KALIMAH.
7. Users shall not use the website with the intent to cancel KALIMAH mediation in any way. Users shall not promote the opportunities or services of any company other than KALIMAH.
9. Any user who does not meet these terms and conditions may be prevented from using the website and related services.
Student / guardian responsibilities
“Student” means the user who has registered a student account on the website.
“Guardian” means the user who has registered a main account on the website.
1. KALIMAH does not assume any responsibility for the actions of students, guardian or tutors whereas everyone is solely responsible for his own actions.
2. Students must be 18 years old to book a teacher for themselves, or be represented by a parent or legal guardian who gives them consent to pay tuition fees. Students / parents should ensure that all their personal details and contact information are accurate and up-to-date. KALIMAH is not responsible for any disputes regarding parental consent.
3. Upon confirmation of reservation, students / guardians shall enter directly into a contract with KALIMAH. The terms and conditions contained in this document cover all interactions between students / guardians and tutors.
4. When having a confirmed reservation, students / guardians must ensure that they have a valid debit / credit card registered on our website, with sufficient funds to cover the reservations they have confirmed.
5. All of our relevant payments are made to KALIMAH and there are no additional payments to be made to the tutors by any means.
6. Students / guardians agree that there will be no attempts to exclude KALIMAH in any way, either at the time of reservation or at any time in the future; and that all future lessons with the teacher presented through the site will be booked through KALIMAH.
7. It is the responsibility of students / guardians to ensure that they have the correct equipment that enable them to access the online lesson before it starts; as no refund will be given in the event that the students / guardians are unable to access the online classroom for any reason.
8. The student is obligated to attend according to the reserved times for classes.
9. The student must press the “Join” button in the meeting to communicate with the tutor, as the tutor cannot contact the student.
10. The student may reschedule the lesson 12 hours before the lesson time, for a period of no more than 3 months for the new scheduling timeline. Rescheduling within less the 12 hours period, the student will lose the lesson and has no right to demand an alternative make-up class or to get a refund of the value of the lesson.
11. The student may change the teacher if he thinks that he is not helping him in achieving his goal, provided that this is done by contacting KALIMAH.
12. In the event that the tutor fails to attend one of the lessons, KALIMAH is obligated to compensate the student with an alternative lesson at a time determined by the student according to the available tutor’s schedule.
13. Any delay by the student later than the agreed lesson time will be deducted from the lesson time, noting that the tutor will be ready to meet with the student at any time the student enters the lesson within the reserved class schedule.
14. Any student / guardian who does not fulfill these terms and conditions may be immediately prevented from using the website and the related services. KALIMAH reserves the right to cancel any existing reservations.
15. KALIMAH records audio and video classes for the purposes of quality control and preparation of study aids for students.
As specified at the end of this document, “tutor” means the user who has registered a teacher account on the website.
1. Tutors are solely responsible for their actions on and off the platform.
2. Tutors must be at least 21 years old.
3. Tutors must be academically and technically qualified to teach the Arabic language and the rest of the services provided on the website.
4. Tutors must make sure of the availability of all necessary means to perform the lessons with high quality, in terms of equipment, conditions and a calm atmosphere.
5. Tutors bear the responsibility to ensure that the personal information they provide and their personal data on the website is accurate and not misleading in any way, and they must update this information promptly; to maintain its accuracy.
6. Tutors should use their own judgment about whether they wish to provide their study services to each individual student.
7. Tutors agree that they will be ranked based on a combination of profile data, past on-the-job experience, KALIMAH assessments, student evaluations, and the number of lessons taught. Positive student reviews, instant messages, frequent bookings, and a greater number of lessons taught will contribute to tutors ranking higher in our search engine results.
8. Tutors must respond to messages from KALIMAH and users immediately.
9. We may retain personal data from closed accounts in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
10. Tutors must ensure that all written communication with students shall exclusively take place through KALIMAH. Tutors are not permitted to share activities, trainings and any KALIMAH owned content through personal means.
11. Any teacher who does not fulfill these terms and conditions may be immediately prevented from using the website and related services. KALIMAH reserves the right to cancel any existing reservations at any time.
12. Tutors are responsible for administering their own taxes including, but not limited to, VAT and income tax.
Changes in terms and conditions
You will be bound by the revised agreement if you continue to use the website or services after the effective date shown.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions are governed by Egyptian law, and any disputes will only be resolved by the courts of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
2. If any provision or part of these Terms & Conditions is found to be unenforceable by law, the rest of terms and conditions will remain in effect.
- We do not claim any ownership rights over your user content. After uploading your user content to this website, you continue to retain all ownership rights in this user’s content and you still have the right to use your user content in any way you choose.
2. By uploading any user content to or on this website, you grant us a permanent, property rights-free, universal, sublicensed, non-exclusive and irrevocable license to use, reproduce, distribute, execute, display or transmit user content electronically, whether in its original form or as adapted by us, on this website and its associated companies, advertising networks, distribution partners, affiliated companies and third-party service providers.
3. You agree to waive any moral rights you have in user content (including the right to be identified as the author) so that we can adapt user content freely and without restrictions.
4. We may display ads related to or in relation to your user content and use your user content for advertising and promotion purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your User Content may be included on websites, advertising networks, distribution partners, affiliates and service providers of third parties.
- We reserve the right to create practices and restrictions regarding storing content on this website, including a maximum number of days that we keep messages, emails, posts, or any other content on the platform, which is the maximum number of messages or email messages that may be sent by or received by the account and the maximum size of messages, emails, posts, or other content.
2. We shall not be responsible for deleting or not storing any messages, communications or other content that are preserved or transmitted by or within your account or any other part of this website.